Fire Station Tours for Groups
The Rockwall Fire Department welcomes tours of the fire stations. Guided tours of local fire stations are provided free of charge to residents as part of the Department’s public education program.
When scheduling your tour please keep the following tips in mind:
- Station tours last approximately 30 minutes and include viewing the fire engine, firefighting equipment, fire gear and a short presentation concerning fire safety.
- Tour may be scheduled between the hours of 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, and 6:30 to 7:30 PM, Monday through Saturday.
- Firefighters have a busy schedule, so tours should be scheduled as far in advance as possible. This allows us a greater opportunity to accommodate the date and time of your request.
- Groups should be no larger than 25 persons including children and adults, unless otherwise approved. There should be one adult chaperone for every five children age 5 or older.
- Children under the age of 5 are frequently frightened by the noises and surroundings and do not understand the tour information.Â There must be one adult chaperone for every child under the age of 5.Carpooling groups to the fire station is encouraged due to a very limited number of parking spaces. Street parking is not available at many fire stations.
- Please understand your tour may be interrupted. Fire Stations must remain “in service” during tours and the firefighters may need to respond to emergencies. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. If your tour is interrupted by an emergency call, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule your visit.
- If firefighters are not at the station when your group arrives, they are out on an emergency call. We recommend you wait 15 minutes for their return. If they do not return in that time, it will be necessary to reschedule your tour.
- Birthday parties are welcome to view the station as part of their event. We ask that you do not hold party festivities such as cake, ice cream or gifts at the station. Please do not bring food or drinks into the fire station during tours.
Fire Station Tours for Individuals
- For small groups of four people or less you can just stop by your local fire station. If the crew is not busy they will be happy to show you the station. Stations are open to the public 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Saturday. No special reservation is required for individuals.
Fire Truck Show & Tell
Fire trucks may be scheduled for a Show and Tell appearance for the following groups:
- Schools & Childcare Facilities
- Neighborhood Associations
- Special events such as Block Parties, Safety Fairs, Fire Safety Presentations, and Career Days.
Fire trucks may be scheduled for a maximum of two hours between the hours of 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, and 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM., Monday through Saturday.
Tour or Truck Scheduling
To schedule a tour or show & tell, submit class request form below or call the Rockwall Fire Department Office at (972) 771-7770.
Fire Station Tour/ Fire Truck Show & Tell Request Form