eTrakit Site
Online Payment Terms & Conditions

Construction Restrictions
The City Council has approved an amendment to the city’s noise ordinance that forbids construction work on New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. The amendment is intended to allow residents a timeout from construction noise on the designated holidays. It applies only to contractors and not to homeowners.

Jeffrey Widmer
Building Official
(972) 772-6453

Rusty McDowell
Inspections Supervisor
(972) 772-6748

Permit Techs
Denise Gang
(972) 771-7709


Jared Yancey
(972) 772-6472

Mike Tiehen
(972) 772-6451

Mike Angelo
(972) 772-6481

Inspectors are in the office from 7:30-8:30 a.m. and 4:00-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.


Take Line Ordinance
click here...

Residential Sublease Agreement
click here...

What properties will be eligible for a permit?

Those who have obtained a Takeline lease from the Building Inspections Department, prior to submission of any permit applications.

Permits will only be issued for detached, Single-Family residential uses having a minimum lot width of forty-five (45) feet when measured at the front building line, or thirty-five (35) feet, when located on a curved street or cul-de-sac.

Specific Use permits
All structures must meet the requirements of the Takeline Overlay ordinance. Certain structures – decks / patios, gazebos and landing / stairs – may be allowed to exceed these requirements, but only after approval of a Specific Use Permit (SUP) by City Council. For questions or information about requesting a SUP, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at (972) 771-7745 or click here.

Permit fees
The following is a list of the typical permit fees for improvements within the takeline area.

  Barbeque pit   $35.00
  Outdoor lighting   based on value (use table 1A) schedule of permit fees.
  Private play structures   $35.00
  Security / Safety fencing   $35.00
  Sprinkler / Irrigation system   $35.00
  Boat related structures   based on value
(use table 1A) schedule of permit fees.
  Retaining walls   $35.00
  Sea walls   $35.00

Boat related structures
Prior to obtaining a permit for a boat related structure, a seawall permit must first be obtained from the Rockwall Engineering Department, also located at City Hall. Please call (972) 771- 7746 for details.

A Structural Engineer’s design (sealed plan) is required for all boat related structures. A survey of the property will be required, once the four outer posts have been set, to verify the location of the improvements (i.e. elevations, side set back, length and width of the improvements, etc). A Structural Engineer's letter is required in order to finalize a permit.